- Please remove your jewellery when cleaning. Many household cleaning products contain chemicals which can accelerate tarnishing or damage your jewellery.
- Try and spray hairspray and perfumes before putting on your jewellery. Many products contain chemicals which can tarnish or affect the way your jewellery looks.
- Take your jewellery off before getting into water, especially chlorinated water such as the swimming pool or hot tub, and this will discolour or blacken silver.
- At the end of the day, wipe your jewellery with an anti-tarnish cloth before storing it away. This will make sure any lingering moisture, oils or dust is gone.
- For pieces that are dull, filmy, or starting to discolour, mix a few drops of mild dish soap with warm water and rub the jewellery with a soft cloth. Rinse in cool water and buff with a cloth until dry.
- Damp and hot conditions will cause your jewellery to tarnish, so it’s best not to leave it next to heating, window sills or in the bathroom.